This is a great appetizer to make when entertaining oudoors. Botttled sauces make it easy but don’t be fooled – tasty it is for sure.
- 6 small skewers – soak in water for an hour
- 1/2 lime
- 2 tbsp. each plum and oyster sauces
- 1 1/2 tsp. grated fresh ginger
- 1 tsp. minced fresh garlic
- 8 oz. skinless salmon fillet, 1/2 inch thick
- 1 tsp. sesame seeds
Start the barbecue. Squeeze 2 tsp. lime juice into a small bowl. Stir in the plum, oyster, ginger and garlic. Set aside.
Slice the salmon lengthwise into 6 strips. Brush the sauce over the salmon on both sides and place on skewer. Place on barbecue for 2 minutes. Carefully turn over and add more glaze, cooking another 2-3 minutes more.
Remove from heat and sprinkle with sesame seeds.