This is a great and super easy first course that will bring accolades galore.
- 2 cups mayonnaise (not salad dressing)
- 1 tbsp. prepared mustard
- pinch of black pepper
- 1/2 cup finely chopped dill pickle
- 1 hard cooked egg, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tbsp. drained capers
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 tbsp. chopped chervil
- 1 tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 lbs. large cooked and cleaned shrimp, chilled
- shredded lettuce
In a medium bowl, combine the mayonnaise, mustard and pepper and mix really well. Stir in the dill, egg, garlic, capers, tarragon, chervil and parsley and refrigerate, covered, for about 4 hours.
To serve on individual plates, pile mounds of shredded lettuce, add about 6 shrimp per mound and generously cover with sauce.
Add a warm dinner roll, fresh butter and YUM!