This recipe uses pretty much the same things, but with a twist. It is tasty and it depends how you plate it for a dramatic effect.
- 1/2 lb. broccoli, sliced into little broccoli stalks
- 1 cup cauliflower-ettes
- 1 MILD onion, thinly sliced and in rings
- 1 small green pepper, julienned
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and sliced diagonally
- 2 stalks of celery, peeled and thinly sliced diagonally
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, all colours if available
- seasoned oil and vinegar dressing (store bought or your own version)
In a large bowl, place all the veggies except the dressing. Drizzle enough dressing to coat all the pieces well. Toss and cover with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator overnight.
When ready to serve, drain the dressing off and plate attractively.