This is a delightful salad to put up
Serves 4- 6
- 1 small, seedless Watermelon, cut into wedges
- 1 cantaloupe, cut into wedges
- 1 package (50 g) of lean prosciutto (I use the metric measure here, as that is how we have to order it)
- 1 small head of iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 1/3 cup toasted pecans, chopped
- Balsamic Vinegar
Cut the outer rind off the watermelon and cut into bite size wedges. Cut the cantaloupe in half, seeds removed and cut into bite size wedges.
In a fry pan, over medium heat, cook the prosciutto until crisp. Cover and keep in the refrigerator until ready to serve. On salad plates, arrange the wedges on top of shredded lettuce. Toast the pecans in a fry pan for a couple of minutes, turning often so they don’t burn, remove from heat and chop. This is not science, has been around for a very long time but it is good, refreshing and it is a little different. Drizzle a little Balsamic Vinegar over the salad.
Sun is shining, relaxing on the deck/patio, glass of chilled white wine and this!