Warm temperatures, light breeze, deck set up and company’s coming……this is a lovely appetizer.
The reason for the name is because it is perfect for sitting on the deck, relaxing, glass of chilled wine in hand…hmmm……
- 3 tomatoes, cut in thin wedges
- 1 papaya, peeled, seeded and cut into wedges
- 1/2 honey dew melon, peeled and cut in small wedges
- 1/2 sweet onion (if you must) cut into wedges
- If you, like me, don’t like onion, use 1/2 cup cantaloupe, cut in small wedges
- 1/4 cup raspberry vinaigrette (your brand)
Put all the ingredients in a bowl and toss to coat. Put in a colourful bowl or over-sized decorator martini glass and pour a glass of chilled white wine, enjoy the beautiful day while waiting for the barbecue to heat up.
There seems to be a pattern here, salad, outdoors, chilled wine¦..doesn’t get much better than this.