Diet? This is a whole new food group…..
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate cookie crumbs
- 2 tsp. grated orange peel, divided
- ¼ cup melted butter
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 3-8 oz. packages room temperature cream cheese
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp. flour
- 3 lightly beaten eggs
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries, chopped coarsely
- 1/4 cup white cranberry juice
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh or frozen cranberries
- ½ cup coarsely chopped pistachios, skins removed
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. To make the crust, combine crumbs, one tsp orange peel and melted butter. Mix well together and press in an eight inch spring form pan. Set aside.
In a bowl cream together, sugar, cream cheese and flour for about five minutes to ensure it is smooth. Mix in the eggs and remaining orange peel until combined. Fold in the juice and berries. Pour this into the spring form pan and top with fresh cranberries.
Bake for about forty minutes until a three inch area around edge of pan appears set when gently shaken. Cool on a rack for twenty minutes and run a knife around the edge to loosen the cake and let it cool another thirty minutes or until completely cooled. Cover and refrigerate for at least four hours.
Note: To prevent cheesecake from â€˜crackingâ€™, set a small pan of water in the oven under the cake pan. The moisture prevents the cake from cracking and it comes out looking so professional.
The combination of the cranberries and pistachios is amazing. Yup! Another favourite.