I LOVE crisp, cold coleslaw but seeing as I don’t eat onions (unless totally dead ones), I am unable to eat ones served at most restaurants. I think Joey’s Only and the White Spot are about the only two I can think of, but I digress.
This is my favourite coleslaw recipe.
- 1 green cabbage, thinly sliced, cut in half
- 1/2 cup toasted slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup toasted sunflower seeds
- 1 can crushed pineapple (drained, save juice)
- 1/2 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise (Hellman’s)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
Mix together all the ingredients except the mayo and sour cream. Mix the mayo and sour cream together until smooth. Mix a little pineapple juice in (to taste) and pour enough dressing over the salad to coat . Add the dressing JUST before serving so it doesn’t let the coleslaw fall and become soggy.
Serve this with just about anything,,,,hamburgers, ribs, pulled pork…let your imagination do the work.