This is easy, especially if you use a commercially made frozen pastry shell.
- 1/2 lb. lump crabmeat, cleaned to ensure no remaining cartilage-like pieces
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 2 tbsp. each fresh and finely chopped parsley, and cilantro
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 1/8 tsp. freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/2 cup each coarsely grated Monteray Jack and Swiss Cheese
- 1/2 tbsp. thyme, basil and oregano (in total)
Prebake pastry shell blind according to instructions.
Whisk together all the ingredients except for the crab and cheeses. Make sure it is really beaten well. Stir in the cheeses and crab.
Pour into pre-baked and cooled pie shell and bake until it fluffs up and is no longer wiggly in the center when gently shaken. This will take about 45 minutes. Cool about 15 minutes before serving.
Serve with lemon scones and butter.